Join me in welcoming our guest for today, Robert Glazer. Robert, also called Bob, is the founder and CEO of the global partner marketing agency, Acceleration Partners, and the co-founder and Chairman of BrandCycle. A serial entrepreneur, he has a passion for helping individuals and organizations build their capacity to Elevate.
Bob is a columnist for Entrepreneur, Forbes, Thrive Global, and Inc. writing on topics ranging from performance marketing and entrepreneurship to company culture, capacity building, hiring, and leadership. Bob shares his ideas and insights via Friday Forward, a popular weekly inspirational newsletter that reaches over 100,000 individuals and business leaders across 50+ countries. He is the host of the Elevate Podcast, where Bob sits down with leaders, thinkers, and authors to discuss personal growth and helping others live their best lives. Bob is also the Wall Street Journal, USA Today, and international bestselling author of four books: Elevate, Friday Forward, Performance Partnerships, and How To Make Virtual Teams Work.
In this episode, we dive into the nitty-gritty of Bob’s book and newsletter, Friday Forward. We discussed stories he shared through his weekly newsletter and some insights on purpose, pain, work-life balance, and snowplow parenting. If you enjoyed the stories we shared in this episode, do yourself a favor and make sure to join Bob’s newsletter.
● Journey to Building Acceleration Partners [1:25]
● Friday Forward Newsletter [7:45]
● Feedback: Robert Shares a Metastory [13:35]
● Purpose in Pain [19:30]
● The Disadvantages of Snowplow Parenting [25:20]
● The Idea/Myth of Work-Life Balance[32:55]
● Book Recommendations [35:50]
AND MUCH MORE!
Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
● If you are a future or aspiring business leader who wants to achieve the next level of success in your profession, get started by getting my FREE video short course: The Secret to Unleashing Your Top 1 Percent.
● Know more about Bob and his works by visiting his website at robertglazer.com.
● Check out Bob’s book, How to Make Virtual Teams Work, and learn how to manage and empower a virtual team that thrives while working from home. This is very timely, so make sure to grab your copy!
● Make sure to also check out Bob’s other best-selling books:
● Did you like the stories shared in this episode? Make sure to join Bob’s Friday Forward Newsletter here.
● Connect with Robert:
● Book Recommendations:
o Mistakes Were Made (But Not by Me) by Carol Tavris and Elliot Aronson
o Grit by Angela Duckworth
o Mindset by Carol Dweck
“The feedback really tells me the ones that hit a personal chord with people. Feedback is helpful.”
“What kept me writing was feedback and understanding that people were getting something out of it, and it was making a difference.”
“You need some of the haters to draw interest.”
“Passion clearly comes from pain.”
“We’ve reached diminishing returns on wanting better for our kids.”
“So many parents are preparing the path for their kids. They are not preparing their kids for the path.”
“Cognitive dissonance is one of the more dangerous forces out there.”
Ways to Subscribe to Redefining The Top One Percent: