Mental health has been a buzz word for the past few years as it should be. And to help reduce its stigma, we’ll be talking about it today with our returning guest, Mark Metry.
Mark Metry is an emcee and TEDx Keynote speaker delivering mind-blowing talks centered around human potential, mindset, social anxiety, mental health, transformation and using podcasting/marketing to grow awareness & business and has spoken alongside Olympian gold medalists to Fortune 500 executives and has even hosted an event next to James Altucher and soon to be speaking next to Gary Vaynerchuk.
Mark is also the host of the Global Top 100 podcast called Humans 2.0, featured by Forbes, NASDAQ, and Yahoo Finance as the “Top 21 Growing Podcasts you must listen to in 2019.” Mark’s show has been listened to over 10 million times and features the greatest leaders of our time and frequently converses with Billionaires, Professional Athletes, Pulitzer Prize-winning journalists, and New York Times Bestselling authors exploring today’s dynamic of the human experience in modern technological times of 2019.
Listen as Mark and I discuss social anxiety, introversion, and many more bits surrounding it! This episode will also give you a background, and a peek on Mark’s writing process for his book, Screw Being Shy.
● Mark’s Journey on Living with Social Anxiety [4:20]
● Introversion vs. True Social Anxiety [6:00]
● Background and Writing Process of Screw Being Shy [17:30]
● Major Causes of Death Around the World [22:55]
● Importance of Eating a Healthy Diet (And Some Supporting Research Studies) [24:40]
● Serotonin and Gut Microbiome: The Brain-Gut Connection [28:34]
● Addressing Mental Health Issues from Various Standpoints [32:45]
● Most Basic Functions That Makes Us Human [40:10]
AND MUCH MORE!
Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
● If you are a future or aspiring business leader who wants to achieve the next level of success in your profession, get started by getting my FREE video short course: The Secret to Unleashing Your Top 1 Percent.
● Get to know more about Mark Metry through his personal website: markmetry.com
● In Case You Missed It: Mark joined us previously on the Top 1 Percent Episode 46: Breaking Free From Human 1.0 with Mark Metry
● Listen and subscribe to Mark’s podcast, Humans 2.0, a mental-health focused Global Top 100 Show for entrepreneurs about the modern technological context of our world and provided anyone with the full tools they need to develop themselves on a regular basis.
● Learn to manage your social anxiety by grabbing a copy of Mark’s book, Screw Being Shy
● Connect with Mark:
“It’s totally okay to be shy every once in a while. It’s a completely natural emotion.”
“At least in America, Middle East, and Asia, Social Anxiety is the most common anxiety condition.”
“Mental health is already a major stigma. For the average person who goes through these issues, it’s hard enough to talk about it.”
“Most people today are using alcohol not to celebrate, but to medicate.”
“The most frequent aisle where a child has a breakdown and start crying is the cereal aisle.”
“Humans evolved to develop colored eyesight to find fruit in trees.”
“Five to ten percent of serotonin is in our brain. Ninety to ninety-five percent is in the gut microbiome.”
Ways to Subscribe to The Top One Percent: